Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cooking, Cole's Room & More

Last Saturday was cooking day in our house. Last month we started doing monthly cooking or freezer meals. Last Saturday I prepared 4 meals for the next 4 weeks. It was so much fun. I love to cook. I decided to make chicken vegetable soup, turkey meatloaf with mashed potatoes, shepherds pie and baked ziti.
IMG_3147-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
These are all of the ingredients that I started with. It made it easier to have all of the ingreadients in one place when I started to cook.
I started off cooking the baked ziti and the soup. Those were very easy to make. Once the ziti was done I divided it up into 4 plastic containers, let them cool on the counter and then in the refrigerator for a while then labelled them and put them in the freezer.
IMG_3173-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
Then with the soup I let it cool in the pot I made it in, put it in the refrigerator to cool and then divided it up into quart sized freezer bags.
IMG_3191-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
Then I made the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. This was super easy because the meatloaf you just mix everything together, make into four mini loaves and freeze. Then when you are ready to eat it you thaw it and cook it for 30 minutes. The mashed potatoes I made like I usually would and then just divided them up into freezer bags.
Then I made the shepherds pie. With this recipe you make the meat mixture (which I modified by adding frozen corn and peas) and freeze that. Then make mashed potatoes and freeze them. When you are ready to eat this you add the meat mixture to a small casserole dish and put the potatoes on top and bake.
So far we have eaten the soup, meatloaf and potatoes and shepherds pie. They were very, very good. I would recommend all of these recipes for freezing. It has made life so much easier for us. We can eat something different every night and it is super easy to fix when we get home from work.
We also started painting Cole’s room this week. We have finished painting and now we need to get the chair rail and crown molding up. Here is the room before we started.
IMG_3202-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
Here it is with just the bottom portion painted.
IMG_3235-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
IMG_3234-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
Here is the finished product minus the crown and chair rail.
IMG_3246-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
IMG_3247-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
Here is the bookshelf Jon has been building for the room:
IMG_3133-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
IMG_3242-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
Here is my 20 week photo :) My eyes were more squinty than usual as it was bright outside...
IMG_3207-2010-09-25-21-16.JPG
We are working on some more projects this week and I hope to update more then. Everything is going great and I am feeling good. My feet hurt a lot of the time and I have leg cramps at night. But, other than that I don’t have many complaints. We go back to the doctor in a week and I am excited about that. I hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, cute :) So glad everything's going well!

Leslie said...

Cole's room is looking good!

Mackey said...

I can't wait to see the final product. I think it looks great already. I would not mind the receipes of those meals either. :)

Amy said...

Cassidy, the recipes are hyperlinked in the blog. Thanks :)