Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Updates

Well, as of yesterday I am 19 weeks pregnant. One more week and I will be half way there. I cannot believe it, nor do I feel prepared!!! There are days where I feel like I don’t look or feel pregnant and then there are days like today where I feel huge and don’t feel too hot. It is always hard after the weekend to get up and get back into the swing of things, even more so if you are pregnant. I hate getting motivated to go to work when I wake up tired! I wish I had endless days off right now!!! Wishful thinking I guess.
We finally decided on the paint for Cole’s room. We picked 2 colors of blue that were in the bedding and matched them pretty closely. We are doing a darker shade on the bottom and a lighter shade on top with chair rail separating them. We are also doing some crown molding. I think it is going to look really nice. The bookshelf is also almost done and I’ll post pictures when that is completed. We were going to paint it a shade of blue but I really wanted it to be white to match the crib and the changing table so that is what we are doing. It looks so good.
A couple of people have asked me about the bedding so here is the link. I love it and I love the stripes and polka dots. I cannot wait to get the room painted. We might start on it this weekend. I don’t know how much I will actually do, but I plan to help a little bit. All I have so far for the bedding is the 4 piece set. I also want to get the mobile and the hamper. I have looked for curtains but haven’t seen anything that I love. I think we are going to have to make them, or I should say have someone make them for us. I want either polka dot or stripes and I haven’t found anything at all like that. We have already bought a cute little stuffed elephant and my mom bought us one too, even before knowing about the bedding. Great minds think alike I guess. We also saw a rocking elephant on JC Penney’s site that might be something we’ll need to have... :) I don’t know though.
Nothing much more to update on. My next appointment is the first week in October. I cannot believe fall is almost upon us. It is still so hot here. But, no matter the weather my pumpkins will start coming out the day fall starts. I am already burning pumpkin candles and making pumpkin bread and muffins. I love fall! It might be my favorite season. I love all of the smells of fall and everything pumpkin. Ask anyone who knows me. And if you really know me you know that I am already SO ready for Christmas!!! I get excited just thinking about it all :) Also, I may or may not be already listening to Christmas music... :) Anyway, that’s all for now. Have a good week.

1 comment:

Erin said...

To answer your question, not sure what kind of mattress I have! It came with the crib we bought and I never questioned it!

And, I just downloaded The Hunger Games onto my Kindle...very intriguing so far!