Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

We have a name...

First things first, we decided on name for our little guy.  The name we have chosen is Cole Thomas.  Cole is just a name that I have heard and liked very much.  Even when we had our list of names I think we both knew that it would be Cole.  It was a very easy decision for us.  Thomas is Jon’s paternal grandpa’s name, Jon’s brother’s middle name and his maternal grandpa’s middle name.  So, it is a family name.  We also discovered that Cole will be the sole carrier of the Morrison name…for now.  Who knows maybe we’ll have another little boy one day.  So, we are all very excited.


I am doing well.  These last 2 days though I could eat ALL DAY LONG.  I snack throughout the day, healthy snacks mind you, but once lunch and dinner come along I eat my meal and am then pretty much hungry an hour later; if not sooner.  I am guessing someone is growing by leaps and bounds in there.  I get tired at work seeing as how I am on my feet ALL DAY LONG.  My job is not a sitting job.  I am constantly walking, standing, barely ever sitting.  So, I take breaks and sit for a while and then resume my work.  But, if it is hard now I cannot even imagine a month from now.  I guess we’ll see what happens.  The other day I had acid reflux all day long.  So, I would pop some Tums and then the acid reflux would return.  I have GERD (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) anyway, so this baby is really taking it up another notch.  I went to bed that night and woke up at about 2am and my throat and stomach felt like they were on fire.  Acid!!  I hate it!  So, I called the nurse the next day and found out that I can take Zantac or Prilosec.  What a relief.  I wasn’t sure what I could take, but this is welcome news.  I try not to take any medication unless absolutely necessary but that night it was misery!  I don’t know how I ever got back to sleep.

We have also been busy planning and preparing.  I picked out the bedding for the nursery last week from JC Penney and a sweet friend at work told me she would buy it for us.  I could not believe it; it was so sweet of her.  So, it was ordered last week and should be delivered today.  Once we get it I can pick out my paint colors for the room.  I have stacks of colors samples at home all different shades of blue.  So, we should have a decision on that very soon.  We want to do 2 shades of blue with a chair rail in between.  I cannot wait to get it started and start posting pictures of it as it comes together.  We ordered the crib last Saturday.  It should be here next week and then we can match the paint on that to refinish our old dresser to use as a changing table.  We also got our rocking chair this weekend.  It will take 6 weeks or so to get here but we are so excited about it.   The nursery is so far from being done but we know once everything comes in we will have no trouble putting it together.  Oh, and Jon is building a bookshelf for the room and it is coming along nicely.  I cannot wait to see the finished product.

I also have thought a lot about registering soon, maybe next month.  I have lots of books that review baby items but if anyone has anything in particular they love or don’t love let me know.  Baby monitors, I know nothing about these so some input on these would be nice.  Any other tidbits you want to share are welcome too.  I think we have chosen a stroller and the pack and play but other than that I have no idea!!  So, leave a comment for me if you can, it would be appreciated. 

I am sure that I have more to say but it is dinnertime and I am hungry.  So, goodbye for now

6 comments:

Erin said...

Love the name! We have the Summer Secure Sleep Video Monitor-love it. No noisy interference and works great. I love our Maclaren umbrella stroller too. It's great for quick trips around town without having to haul a huge stroller in and out of your trunk. My next piece of advice--borrow whatever you can!! Then you can give it back and it doesn't start taking over your storage space! :)

Erin said...

We have the Summer SecureSleep video monitor. Love it--no noisy interference and works great! A piece of advice someone gave to me that has turned out to be very valuable...borrow whatever you can!! :)

Erin said...

Oh, and BabyBargains is a great book for one-stop research!

Kelly said...

We can talk baby stuff in person. And we have eqipment you are welcome to (swing, jumperoo, etc).

Tonight at dinner Jenna had to "re-pray" and said, "Thank you God for Cole." :)

Nancy Hood said...

Aw yes, thank you God for Cole :)

Leslie said...

I can't wait to see the nursery!

I agree with Erin. Our Maclaren umbrella stroller has been our favorite and most used stroller! (This is coming from someone who has had a variety of strollers-6 to be exact!) It's so light, easy to manuver and has a large weight limit. I think I could easily manage Grant in it if I had to.

As for other baby gear (swing, jumperoo, etc.)all of these are nice to have, but if you don't receive any as gifts I would borrow what you can or buy them consignment. As Erin said again, the baby will only use them for a short while and then they take over your house!

You will surely want a swing and bouncy seat when you bring the little guy home. If you have any specific questions just ask me!