Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Cooking with Cole

(2nd post today, see below for another post :) )

While I was pregnant I researched lots of things to be able to have the best when Cole got here. One of the things I really wanted was an Ergo baby carrier. I was lucky enough to get one a couple of weeks back and let me tell you it has been a LIFESAVER!!! Cole loves to be held, he doesn’t care for the bouncy seat, swing or carseat so when I NEED to get stuff done I strap him into the Ergo carrier and he usually drifts off to sleep. As I mentioned in my last blog we even have to shop with him in the carrier. I so wish that he liked his carseat or any of the other things that he SO hates but at least he loves his carrier.

So, about 2 weeks ago I put Cole on to cook dinner. It was quite successful. I managed to cook a whole meal with Cole fast asleep. I cooked an artichoke and fontina cheese pasta that was so good. Problem was that after dinner was cooked Cole was still asleep. At the time I had not yet mastered putting Cole down to nap from the carrier, now I am a pro at that :) So, I decided to eat dinner while letting Cole snooze in the carrier...Here is what happened...

Yummy pasta...

DSC_0820-2011-03-18-14-10.JPG

And an artichoke in poor Cole’s hair. I tried so hard to be careful. Jon and I cracked up over this :) Cole was none the wiser and never even woke up.

DSC_0818-2011-03-18-14-10.jpg

3 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

:) and he would never be none the wiser if you'd not taken a photo that will look cute in a wedding rehearsal video one day ;)
You're looking great, Amy, and I love the blog look!

Erin said...

Cole is precious, Amy!

Unknown said...

Love it! When Elle was little she was in her carrier, on the floor by the table we were eating at at church. I spilled my tea and it went ALL over her! I felt so bad!!!