Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

It's Official!

Well, it is finally official!! My LAST day of work is January 21, 2011. I told my bosses today. It is such a relief to finally be out in the open. I knew that it was time to say something since I couldn’t sleep last night because I was thinking about it so much. I also knew that it was time when my main boss said after today he would be gone until after the new year. So, this morning I woke up and told Jon today was the day. I was nervous but I knew that I had to get this off of my mind and my heart. I wanted to give them ample time to find someone new to hire and maybe train someone to do my job. Everyone took it very well and told me how much I would be missed. Of all of the jobs I have had this one was by far the best. But, things change and family definitely comes first. I used to be worried that all of this wouldn’t work out, we wouldn’t have the money, something wouldn’t work out...my mind would run wild with bad things and situations happening to us to stop me from quitting my job. But, the last couple of weeks all that has really bothered me was actually telling my boss I was quitting. I knew that it would work out, I have prayed daily that it would work out and now I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am so excited about it. I am so blessed to be able to stay home and raise my little boy and Jon’s job is so flexible that he will be able to stay home to work 2 days a week. God always has a way of letting things work out, I know that it is just hard to trust it. So, now I am almost a month and week away from being home for good (for now anyway). I can prepare for Cole and just be ready for him to get here.

I also have some updates of Cole’s room. Not really his room per se but decorations we have bought. So here we go...

We bought these book ends at a antique store several weeks ago, I know that they aren’t elephants like the rest of the room, but they are green and I love frogs!!

frog_cole-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

I sure hope this little guy likes to read like his mom does. These are only newly acquired books... All of my old books are in his closet waiting for the bookcase to be done.

books-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

Here is the mobile that we recently got

mobile_cole-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

mobile2-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

We bought this “piggy” bank at Hobby Lobby. It is an elephant and matches his room perfectly and we couldn’t believe we found it.

elephant-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

This was our most recent purchase. We bought this elephant and it was black. Jon spray painted him navy blue to match the room. We are so proud of it.

elephant2-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

Here are some stuffed animals we bought to put up on the shelves Jon is building to go above the changing table. My mom bought the light blue one the day we found out it was a boy. She didn’t even know about the elephant theme yet.

toys-2010-12-13-18-45.jpg

So, there you have it. In other news Jon is having to strip, sand and repaint ALL of the furniture. The bookcase had been painted for over a month and in the house and the paint still felt tacky. Everything was almost done, dresser, nightstand and bookcase. We didn’t know what to do. Jon called around and discovered we had used the wrong kind of paint. So, here we are less than two months away in freezing cold weather and Jon has to redo it all. My heart really goes out to him. He has done so much for Cole’s room. He is working on the furniture and busy making artwork and other projects too. I feel bad because there is nothing else I can really do except pray that we can get it done. What is making it hard now is the COLD, windy weather. Not good painting conditions. So, please pray that Jon can get our projects done and all will be ready when Cole gets here. I hope Cole one day understands all we went through to give him the perfect room.

I realized today that I was 32 weeks pregnant. I thought I was only 31 weeks. Somehow I lost a week somewhere. I told several people at church yesterday that I was only 31 weeks. I am not sure what kind of time warp I slipped in to. But, Jon called me today to correct me. So, I have even less time left than I thought. Weird.

My heartburn has gotten a lot better. I stopped dairy pretty much after I realized a correlation between that and the acid reflux. I had read that milk helped acid reflux so was guzzling it. Well, I think it might have been the culprit all along. I have stopped the Zantac completely and take about 1 or 2 Tums a day and that is it. So, that is a huge relief to me. I am sleeping a little better too. Still waking up 3 times a night and still having some leg pain and cramps but not too bad. I feel overall really good. Which is such a blessing. I just can’t get over that the end is drawing near. It feels so weird. I have an appointment tomorrow so we will see how we are doing. When I was in there 2 weeks ago the doctor told me I was measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Which I know I am not! But, either I am just big or Cole is growing. If I am measuring big tomorrow I will get an ultrasound to see how much he weighs. The doctor doesn’t want him so big that and I quote...”can’t get him out...” I don’t want that either!!! Good grief, don’t let him be a ginormous baby!!!! We also are meeting with a pediatrician tomorrow to see what we think. It will be a full day but we are excited.

I have another blog coming up soon with new pictures of me and some of my favorite things. I can’t wait to share them with you. Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so exciting! So happy that you'll be able to stay at home. It's definitely not the easiest job in the world, but the rewards more than make up for it! Can't wait to see pictures of this little guy in his room!