Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today...crazy

Yesterday and today have been weird days for me.  First off all I want to do is go out to eat.  I think mainly because we are trying not to this month in order to save money and to try out the new budget that will go into place if I in fact do not go back to work after Cole is born.  However, as much of a role that I think this is playing in that I think I am just craving certain things.  And they are not healthy, good things for me to eat.  Like yesterday for instance, I sat down to lunch (ham and swiss brought from home) and all I wanted was a hamburger and french fries.  I finished my lunch yesterday and was unsatisfied...  Then I went to get a snack yesterday afternoon (granola bar) and saw an egg roll in the fridge and almost lost it...  I wanted that egg roll so bad.  I wanted lo mein and an egg roll.  Well, that didn't happen.  I wanted to go to PF Changs or even Panda Express, somewhere, anywhere with an egg roll.  Fast forward to today...  I took a chicken salad sandwich for lunch.  It tasted good going down but it was not what I wanted.  I wanted something sweet, and today of all days I packed nothing sweet in my lunch.  So, I finish up lunch and have 30 minutes to spare.  I decide to make a trip to the downtown Winn Dixie by my work.  After telling co workers I would be fine alone at Winn Dixie someone decided to go with me to make sure I got back safely.  Downtown can be kind of rough here, but I had my mace so I was set.  So, I go into Winn Dixie (their bakery is SUB-PAR) compared to Publix and they had nothing there.  I did spot some fudge though in the bakery and it looked pretty good.  My friend from work asked if there were any samples of it we could try.  They said they could open the container for me and let me try it.  If I liked it I could buy it if not it would pretty much go in the garbage.  So, I tried it.  It was good and I was all set to get it about to check out, but it wasn't what I wanted.  So, this is bad I know... we put it back on the shelf, already opened...  I set about looking for anything else.  I finally ended up with some cookies.  I ate one on the way back to work, it turns out that this is not what I wanted either...  UGH!!!  I have decided what I must have is some red velvet cake from Publix ( I tried it several weeks ago and it sounds SO good right about now...).  But, alas no Publix around here and the cake cost $20...  I am cheap and don't think I could buy a cake just for me for $20...  So, maybe I will attempt to make my own this weekend...  I don't know.  But, it is crazy how I feel.  I feel like I cannot function without whatever it is I want to eat.  I guess life must go on and I must get back to work.

Also, I have been suffering from major acid reflux as of late.  I have had GERD (bad acid reflux) for several years now and I guess with the baby pushing on everything and all the hormones going on in my body right now it is worse than ever!!!!  I am living day to day on Zantac!  And I hate it.  I hate to take medictions for it but I have tried not eating certain foods and every day at about 9 am or so I can feel the acid creeping up in my throat.  It is misery.  If you have any suggestions let me know.  Otherwise, I guess I'll be sticking to my Zantac.

2 comments:

Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

Sounds like you need orange soda...

Unknown said...

I was the exact same way with both of my boys! The power of persuasion was RIDICULOUS!!!! All I had to do was see a billboard for food and I craved it...which was AWFUL when I was pg w/ Ian & working. I would be craving 5 different types of food by the time I made it to my office every day :)