Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Repost...less than 100 days...

Had to repost this blog, having trouble with the photos....I hope I don't continue to have problems... :)


Let me just say that I have less than 100 days left?!? In fact it is 90 days!!! That is crazy, where has my time gone??? It has gone by so fast and I feel totally unprepared for what, or should I say who is coming. I cannot believe that it is less than 3 months away. I am so excited but also nervous. I was talking to Jon the other day and I told him I couldn’t believe that we were actually going to be entrusted with a child. I know that we can do it, but having never done it before it seems a little daunting. We have prayed for this little miracle for so long and we cannot wait for him to get here. He will be so loved and cherished by his mommy and daddy, that is for sure. We have been preparing for him nonstop, the room is nearly done, the furniture is almost done, registering is done, we are getting closer and closer to just needing him to be here for everything to be complete. I love to go into his room and just imagine what it will be like. I love to think about who he’ll look like. I cannot wait to see!!!! It seems unreal to me that we are FINALLY going to be parents. It has been a long journey and God is finally blessing us with our own little baby to raise and to love and to make memories with.
I was talking to my aunt the other day and she mentioned the verse Matthew 21:22: "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." We decided that this was a very hard thing to do. It is easy to talk about it but very hard to apply to your life. Especially when you have prayed and prayed and prayed and still haven’t gotten the answer you wanted. But, God does everything in His time according to His will. We knew that He would bless us with a child one day, but there were days when it was very hard to believe, it was easy to let the devil in and let him get us down and depressed about it. But, we kept praying and believing even when it seemed impossible. We eventually asked from prayers from the church regarding our situation and we had friends and family praying for us as well. God knows what is best for us, and maybe He knew that we needed this time in our marriage to just be together and to grow stronger together and to grow closer Him. I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world, I love that Jon and I have had 7 years to travel and bond and really to make our marriage stronger than ever. Now, we are ready for this little baby. We have been waiting for Cole for so long and I cannot believe that in 3 short months that he will be here and we will be forever changed.
So, this week I am 27 weeks. I have pictures from 25 and 26 weeks.
25 weeks :)
IMG_3368-2010-11-21-16-41.jpg
26 weeks :) The weather is finally cooler so I could wear some of my new winter clothes
IMG_3371-2010-11-21-16-41.jpg
Some days I feel huge, other days I feel like I am not nearly big enough. It is weird. In this pictures I feel like I look really big, who knows. I just know that Cole is there and he kicks away :)
Here are some updated room pictures. The bookcase is almost done. The back,shelves and feet still need to be painted still and then Jon needs to clear coat it all. It looks so good though. I love that he was able to make something for Cole that he will always be able to have. We also got the chair a couple of weeks ago, I love it!!! We hung up the curtains and bought a rug. It is really starting to come together.
D2X_1049-2010-11-21-16-41.JPG
D2X_1032-2010-11-21-16-41.JPG
D2X_1040-2010-11-21-16-41.JPG
D2X_1036-2010-11-21-16-41.JPG
So, there you have it. That is where we are as of now. Please keep praying for our little boy and my pregnancy that everything goes well. Also, we are trying really hard to keep me home so I can take care of Cole and not have to go back to work. So, pray for us about that too. We have cut back quite a bit and we have paid off several credit cards and it looks like we are headed in the right direction.

2 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

I love it! and I am so thankful that God has blessed you with sweet Cole!! The best days of your life are beginning. You look great!

Mackey said...

I love Cole's room. I was in Kirklands a few hours ago and heard a dad talking to his son Cole. It made me think of you and Jon. I'm glad you have decided to stay home too. I know in the long run you would have had it no other way....no matter how tough some months might be.