Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One month...

Cole’s expected arrival day is one month from today. The room is done, pictures coming this weekend. We worked all weekend and week long getting it done. I put his clothes in the drawers tonight and organized as much as I could. My baby shower is Sunday so I am thinking we will have a lot to put away and organize then too. I am so excited for the shower and all of the little things that Cole will get. We are so blessed to have such a loving church family and friends. We go to the doctor on Wednesday to get one last look at Cole and I guess see how big he is, I cannot wait! He seems big to me. I feel like he is taking up every square inch of my stomach now. It feels tight and I can feel his little body parts right below the surface. I am praying for an average sized baby, Jon and I were both 8 pounds or so, I am hoping NO bigger than that. But, we will see. Continue to pray for us and Cole as we are in the home stretch now. It still seems unreal to me that we are a month away from meeting him. We have waited so long for this. Sometimes when I am feeling good and energetic I seem to forget how big I am and how far along I am...then I step in front of a mirror and I am instantly reminded, this journey is coming to a close. It has been so wonderful for me to experience this and I pray and hope that I will experience it again one day. I will update with pictures soon. Jon and I are so pleased with the way the nursery turned out. We both are in there often just looking at it and loving it. We poured ourselves into this room and every detail that went into it. It is special because it was put together with a very special boy in mind :) So, like I said, 1 more month...will he be on time or late or maybe even early? Who knows? But, we do know that we are excited and he will be one loved little boy. Until next time...

2 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Have fun and enjoy these last few days :) Your life is about to begin and you'll call them some of the best years of your life. Look forward to seeing that sweet young man in his nursery. much love, Nan

Southern Queen of the Crazies said...

I will share something Charlotte shared with me when I was expecting J. You are about to get the greatest gift you will ever receive. And from me - All the pains and heartburn will be worth it immediately. You will leave the hospital wondering how you lived all these years without him. I can't wait to be an aunt again!! :)